Balancing your mind, body and soul necessitates that you focus on your mind and what it needs to have a positive influence on your state of being. The goals of the mind in this regard is to develop your level of self-awareness, quieten itself and focus on subjects of benefit. This article focuses on an elaborate approach that will help you secure your mind, body and spirit balance.
A. Purify your Mind
First things first – understand that the mind is a key part of the mind, body, and soul ecosystem. Any messages sent from your body to your soul have to pass through the mind for interpretation. Thus, the mind serves as a crucial mechanism between the body and the soul. The mind becomes clearer when you release the illusions you live by. It is a challenge of your life experience to master your mind. Your mind is the vessel through which you can find a balance in its entirety. So how do you get started? Learn to increase your self-awareness!
B. Quietening your Mind
Now you understand that the mind serves as a filter between the soul and the body. It goes without saying that a filter will only function properly if it’s without debris. Many of the thoughts we experience as human beings are habitual, based on illusion, unproductive, unnecessary or scattered. When your mind is quiet, it’ll be able to sense subtle communication between the body, mind, and soul. That’s precisely why you need to quieten your mind through the following activities:
- Meditation – this is perhaps the best-recognized practice to calm you mind and shift your focus to the present moment. The goal of meditation is to help you relax, and find your inner peace and silence by focusing on your own thoughts. Meditation brings your mind to dwell on focused thoughts, which helps accomplish an alignment of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Journal Writing – this is another simple but great way to clear your mind of all those unwanted thoughts and clutter. When you put your thoughts down on paper, they lose their power over you, because you have expressed them. You can unceremoniously burn your notes to let those thoughts go.
C. Get Some Self-Awareness
This is all about getting some ‘self-surveillance’ of your personality and its tactics, traits, and tendencies. Self-awareness falls under the context of emotional intelligence since it allows you to respond rather than react to life. Self-awareness works because you can’t change what you don’t know. When you become aware of your strengths and weaknesses, you can use both to your advantage. You can easily realize when you’re getting into trouble or doing something that’s not in your best interest. Essentially, you can’t change your life without awareness. So how can you increase your self-awareness so that you enhance your mind, body and soul balance as well as change your life for the better?
- Generally, learn about psychology and apply it to yourself.
- Do various personality tests to unearth more about your personality.
- Get out of the comfort zone and expose yourself to challenges.
- Ask poignant questions about yourself, the past, present, and future.
- Sustain close, meaningful and healthy relationships that are marked by honesty and a yearning to discover oneself through each other.
- Personality profiling is also another great way to build your self-awareness. Analyze yourself to find out what drives you, what triggers bad behavior, as well as your strengths and weaknesses.
D. Focusing your Mind
The law of attraction is another important influence in everyone’s life. It says that what we focus our time, thoughts and energy on we’ll receive in life, one way or the other. This important concept brings your attention to the power of your state of being. When you’re conscious of your thoughts, you become a conscious creator. Affirmations, among many other tools, can help you focus on what you want in life, rather than what you don’t have.
A balanced mind, body, and soul are essential to optimal living. Get started with these tips and change your life for the better.